Dear Friends, dear Colleagues,
you are kindly invited to submit a paper and/or register to the
First International Conference of the European Association of Phenomenology and Psychopathology (EAPP)
Heidelberg, 9 – 11 September 2021
Topic: “The Emotions: Phenomenology, Psychopathology, and Psychotherapy”
Cognitive theories of feelings and emotion regulation are still dominant in contemporary research. Such theories assume that the main role of emotions and affections is cashed out in evaluating environmental scenarios based on sets of beliefs and desires with an intentional focus on objects. What is neglected in such approaches is the embodied dimension of emotional experience that comes to the fore in recent research on these issues. The conference aims at exploring and discussing the role of emotions as complex resonance phenomena from phenomenological, psychopathological, and psychotherapeutic perspectives.
In this sense we pursue the threefold target
- to explore the interrelations of emotion, embodiment, intercorporeality and interaffectivity by phenomenological methods,
- to investigate these interrelations in psychopathology, for example in the context of schizophrenia or Borderline Personality Disorder, and
- to demonstrate the relevance of these connections for clinical and psychotherapeutic practice.
The conference is organized by the
- European Association of Phenomenology and Psychopathology (EAPP), which was founded in Paris in 2018,
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für phänomenologische Anthropologie, Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie (DGAP)
- Alanus Hochschule für Kunst und Gesellschaft, Mannheim
Call for papers for the conference:
You are cordially invited to submit a paper for either oral or poster presentation. The presentations will be clustered into thematic groups initialized by position lectures of the keynote speakers.
The abstract should not exceed 250 words. Please mark clear whether your abstract is a proposal for a talk or a poster session.
Confirmed keynote speakers are:
- Philippe Cabestan, Philosopher, Lycée Janson de Sailly (Paris), President of the „École Française de Daseinsanalyse“ (E.F.D.)
- Natalie Depraz, Philosopher, Université de Rouen / Archives-Husserl (ENS/CNRS)
- Eva Illouz, Sociologist, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel
- Hanne de Jaegher, Philosopher, University of the Basque Country, Euskal Herriko Unibertsitatea
- Thomas Fuchs, Philosopher and Psychiatrist, University Clinic Heidelberg
- Alice Holzhey-Kunz, Psychoanalyst, Zürich, Switzerland, President of the „Gesellschaft für hermeneutische Anthropologie und Daseinsanalyse“ (GAD)
- Stefano Micali, Philosopher, Catholic University of Leuven, Belgium
- Mario Rossi Monti, Psychiatrist, Università degli Studi di Urbino, Italy
- Matthew Ratcliffe, Philosopher, University of Vienna, Austria
- René Rosfort, Philosopher, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- Borut Skodlar, Psychiatrist, Psychiatric University Hospital, Slovenia
- Jan Slaby, Philosopher, Freie Universität Berlin
- Giovanni Stanghellini, Psychiatrist, Università degli Studi „G. d’Annunzio“ Chieti – Pescara Chieti, Italy
The conference language will be English.
We are looking forward to receiving your submission and/or registration for the conference.
With kind regards
Thomas Fuchs, Christian Tewes, Lukas Iwer
Prof. Dr. Dr. Thomas Fuchs
Heidelberg University Hospital
Prof. Dr. Christian Tewes
Alanus Hochschule für Kunst und Gesellschaft Mannheim
Institut für Waldorfpädagogik, Inklusion und Interkulturalität
Heidelberg University Hospital